Friday, January 23, 2009

Frugal Friday

Since I worked a bit on the budget this week my Penny Pincher of the Week will have to be the couple who inspired me with most of my budget decisions. A lot of the ideas from A Backyard Wedding matched what McG and I had discussed about our own nuptials - Quaker ceremony, A LOT of DIY, good DJ and, oh yeah, the backyard. I was very thankful when she laid out exactly how they budgeted and what they actually spent. I used this as a model when I attempted my own budget earlier this week. If you haven't taken a look at A Backyard Wedding from start to finish I highly recommend it. They pulled off a spectacular day UNDER an already low budget. I just think they are rad.


I saw this really great tutorial for a handmade teabag tag over at Creature Comforts this morning. I thought it would be a really sweet favor or even bridal party gift especially paired with a personalized mug of some sort. If anyone thinks they might do this I would love to see how it turns out.



Next week I'm hoping to make Frugal Fridays bigger and better with real interviews! Have a great weekend!

No comments: