Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Website Wackness

Our wedding website was a big ol' challenge. We researched different wedding websites together and were thoroughly disappointed with the selection out there. It was either too tackalicious or too gaggy sweet or too pretty or too expensive. Nothing screamed us and we weren't about to take over $100 out of the budget to make something us. The big elements we wanted (besides a cool website) were a song suggestion page - where folks can suggest music for our giant iPod playlist - and a RSVP page. Even the most generic, cheap-o sites have a RSVP option but the playlist page was a little harder to find. Then Ms. Crackpipe, oh I mean the bowie bride, showed me the way!!! We ended up buying a cheap url and designing our site through Wix. Definitely the way to go if you want a more hands-on approach to the website process. It is SUPER easy to use and you can totally personalize your website however you want. There are different backgrounds and it's flash so you can have lots of cool effects. I definitely geeked out for a few days making this thing cuz I'm cool like that. Now I'm not going to show you the exact website (unless you want to email me and ask nicely then maybe I will) but I took some screen shots for ya.

The home page (it sparkles and plays music!)

Table of Contents

Calendar of Events

Stuff to do

The song request page

Gallery of our wedding warriors

3 comments:

What he ate, what I ate. said...

I love, love, love what you did!

Britt said...

yours turned out awesome!glad miss crack pipe could pass along a helpful tip ;)

Sealicious said...

Wow! It looks great, so unique and fun :)

Thanks for the tip, i had resolved to use a free-but-tacky site, I'll have to try this!