Monday, October 26, 2009

Cupcakes and Coordination


This weekend I had the great pleasure of coordinating the wedding of Erin and Chuck as well as baking their cupcakes. They are the most genuine and gracious couple I have ever met. They are so sweet and stylish and I had a blast getting to know them and working with them and helping them on their big day. Of course, it was a lot of work. There were over 120 pieces of mercury glass, over 60 mason jars, moss letters, posters, pictures, succulents, flowers, etc. to set up and take down. Erin made everything a lot easier with lettered bags filled with everything for each table and a diagram packet for each table so we knew where she wanted things placed. This helped tremendously! I couldn't have done it without my good friend Kristen who set up the guests' tables while I frosted the cupcakes. I don't normally frost two hours before an event but because we had to travel 5 hours to the venue I didn't want anything to melt along the way.

I have worked been the Artistic and Production Coordinator at a non-profit for a couple of years but this was my first wedding. I will definitely be saving up for my own coordinator now that I know how much work is involved. It would have been way too much for Erin to bring everything to the venue, set up and break everything down at the end of the night on top of getting ready, getting married and having fun. I'm so glad we were able to be there for her so she didn't have to worry about those little details and she could just hang out with her new husband and her loved ones. My muscles are sore but my heart is happy.

I would love to start doing more event coordination and planning. I have to say it is something I'm good at and love to do so if any Southern California (I would travel too!) brides are thinking about having a coordinator I would love to chat with you about it!

3 comments:

hatandfeathers said...

any chance you can time travel and retroactively coordinate the day of our wedding? oh, and be in new york instead of california? i agree it's worth having someone help--we did the dreaded set up/take down ourselves. and while it was all still a blast (especially since everyone pitched in) it was less with the relaxing at some points!

What he ate, what I ate. said...

You baked ALL of those cupcakes? Bravo, my brave girl!

Lo said...

I love your blog, I made the 2 veils and head pieces for Erin's big day and she told me you were coordinating! I believe I found Veiled Vows through Erin Ever After a while back and have been hooked ever since! I also got married at the Dana Powers house and I can't wait to see photos from the wedding! I'm in SD too and its always fun to find other local etsy and blog enthusiasts. Thanks for all of the inspiration.