Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Real Wedding: Charlotte and Andy

I am a wee bit obsessed with this wedding. Pretty much because every idea I have ever had Charlotte executed with such style and grace. I love the woodsy, New England, at home feel (it just so happens we're getting married at a woodsy, New England home as well) and all the personal touches that Charlotte, Andy, along with their friends and family, made on their day.

Mom helped make all the bouquets



The bride wore her mother's 70s wedding dress and her ballet slippers

Amazing dessert table and grocery store wedding cake (love it!)

Woods cathedral and dance floor

Every party needs a pinata and a bicycle getaway

Love the romantic, "midsummer night's" glow and, of course, sparklers!


My favorite photo -

{All photos by Aga Images and Chrliegrl}

Thank you, Color Me Green, for posting about this wedding!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, the dress is beautiful. I wish I could fit in my mother's 1970s *hand-knitted* wedding dress. Unfortunately, she's petite and I'm not so it would never work. I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

I am the mother of the bride who had the "good taste" to buy a dress in 1974 that could be worn again in 2007. I actually credit this to my own mother, an artist, who had a really great sense of style.

The veil was the exquisite part of the ensemble and was almost as expensive as the dress in 1974. The veil is made from soft high quality tulle, cathedral length, with wide gorgeous lace framing it.

The dress and veil were the first I tried on. Because the hemline featured lace, the dress had to be special ordered with several inches added to the dress so that the length, with lace, would be correct. It was purchased at Bullocks Department Store before bridal stores were a big thing. Still, my mom and I made the shopping experience an event and a memory I still cherish.

Happily, the dress fit my daughter perfectly and she looked so gorgeous in it. She did take off the puffy sleeves that were not quite right for 2007. But other than that, the dress remained the same. I marveled that the dress had once fit me.

My business is embroidery, so we just had to memorialize the history of the dress by adding the dual name labels.

Peg Bowles
Initial Impressions
www.initial-impressions.net

Keg Design said...

I love the bootinere with the peacock feather!!

It reminds me of the some of the floral bouquets I posted about today...

What he ate, what I ate. said...

i love the pinata and the helmet! safety first!