Thursday, January 22, 2009

Watch What You Eat


This Valentine's Day, I would say a good chunk of dudes will be proposing to their loved ones. A handful of those dudes will probably get a little too creative and should, therefore, read this Gourmet article prior to ordering. And if you want my advice, guys, if you want to be creative at all do not propose on V-Day.


Smash went the crust. In went the spoon. And before Lopes could say, “Um, I have something to ask you,” his brilliant-cut one-carat surprise went sliding down his intended’s throat. “Our first hug was the Heimlich maneuver,” he recalls. “My advice to a man about to propose is: Use creativity only up to a point. You don’t want your girlfriend to end up in the hospital on her engagement night.”


You too, ladies -


A surprising number of proposals are, in fact, turned down. At Gramercy Tavern, a woman once asked a man to marry her. When he didn’t accept the offer, the woman stood up, started cursing, and began throwing plates onto the floor. “Clearly, he made the right choice,” says the captain on duty at the time.


{Found via Jezebel}

2 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I've never been proposed to before my FH... although, one guy did say he'd pull out all his savings and buy me the ring of my dreams, if i promised to say yes... i'm not sure if that counts. Lol!

RelentlessBride

PS. So if you eat it, do you still find it a day or two later?

Globetrottingbride said...

OMG that is the funniest thing ever!